The greatly anticipated first message in the series FREE BIRD! The Gospel According to Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Have you ever been begged by someone for a second chance? Have you ever begged someone for a second chance?
“When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.”
God gives us three steps. When you have doubts and uncertainties about God’s love you can remember that He loves us. He loved us when we were rebels. How much more do you think He loves you when you believe in Him? The same amount.
- God loved us because He *chose* to love us.
- There is nothing you can do to cause God love you any more and there is nothing you can do to cause God love you any less.
- Don’t hang with the failures. Don’t let a bunch of failures tell you what a failure you are.
- God doesn’t expect us to never sin again, but He does expect us to have lifestyles that don’t incorporate our previous sinful lifestyle.
- Jesus’ interest isn’t to hold onto your record of wrongs, but to give you a chance to be free from your record of sin and the chains that are weighing you down.