“Worship is the act of magnifying God” – Max Lucado
In this first week of the series Twentyfourseven: Worship as a LIFESTYLE, Pastor Scott explores when worship is NOT worship.
Romans 12:1: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.”
When is worship NOT worship?
- When it’s about an “EVENT”!
- When we just go through the motions.
- When it’s all about the ritual.
- When it’s all about me.
- Is your sin any less visible to God because it’s less visible to people?
- Lack of obedience in any area of our lives means that we are not worshiping God with all of our lives.
- If you love me, you will keep my commandments – Jesus
- Love is more than words, it requires action.
- Worship is a voluntary act of gratitude offered by the saved to the savior.